Conference Day One
7:30 am - 8:00 am Morning Workshop Registration and Welcome Coffee
8:00 am - 10:00 am Morning Workshop - Why Cheaper Isn’t Always Better: Establishing a Strategic and Proactive Partner Management Strategy
With the Pharmaceutical Industry increasingly challenged to reduce their investment in external partnerships and cut down their number of outsourced manufacturing providers, the conversation always seems to center around price. In this interactive workshop delegates will go beyond cost however, and look at the ‘non-commercial’ aspects to external supply base planning while asking themselves the question ‘is cheaper actually better’.
What does cost really mean – is it price or value ? Designed to ensure that attendees are focused on the most effective ways to identify and generate real value from their outsourcing activity, if you find the answers of partnership investment constantly coming back to cost then this is the workshop for you!
Attend This Workshop to:
• Map out the “non-commercial” aspects of your supply base and identify where these sit in your internal decision making process
• Pinpoint the KPIs you should be considering internally by examining what ‘valuable’ looks like from any outsourcing activity
• Analyse how investing in your partnerships can actually reduce your long term ( delete value) costs and increase your production quality and therefore value to the business
• Understand the bigger picture for CMO selection, management and compliance to ensure your internal discussions and partnership management goes beyond price.
10:00 am - 10:05 am PharmaIQ Welcome
10:10 am - 10:55 am Identifying the Critical Success Factors For A Proactive Supplier Relationship
- Ensure that your engagement and selection strategy reflects your development priorities
- Analyse the common pitfalls in supplier selection and negotiation
- Discuss the best strategies of aligning CMO expertise with manufacturing gaps to deliver strong returns on investment
10:55 am - 11:40 am Common Benefits And Challenges To Outsourcing Partnerships - And How To Manage Your External Partnership – Through The Lens Of Biologics CMC Development
- The crucial make or buy question, and the special challenges with outsourcing bio-manufacture
- Best practices for successful CDO or CMO partnerships
- Understanding and mitigating the risks, and how to protect my IP?
- Considerations for complex supply networks and fast track projects
11:40 am - 12:15 pm Coffee Break
12:15 pm - 1:00 pm External Manufacturing Procurement Transformation: From Tactical to Strategic
- Understand your inherent constraints: working with legacy relationships and new teams
- Begin the transformation from tactical to stratgic by analyse your procurement gaps
- Identify the realities of a EX procurement strategy for your company: putting in place a road map to achieving strategic procurement
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm Panel Discussion What Does Process Excellence Look Like For Supplier Relationship Management
- Analyse the current realities of supplier selection and management; what is holding us back?
- Discuss the industry priorities when evaluating potential suppliers – does this mirror supplier focus?
- Examine the trend of supplier consolidation – a step in the right direction or a barrier to process optimisation?
1:40 pm - 2:40 pm Networking Lunch
2:40 pm - 3:25 pm Regional Supplier Management – A Middle Eastern Perspective
- Identify the key requirements for effective local market management in the Middle Eastern Region
- Analyse the most effective ways to enhance your supplier relationships from a regional perspective – why you can’t just apply the same strategy across all global markets
- Discuss the opportunities for regional supplier communication standardization to drive development efficiency and timeline management
3:25 pm - 4:10 pm Optimising Selection Processes For Your Cmo When Entering Unfamiliar Markets
- Examine a variety of CMO selection processes that can be applied in regional markets
- Identify the key considerations for a successful alignment of expectations between pharma and external manufacturers
- Discuss how to establish a robust development strategy to meet the production timelines on a global scale and avoid critical gaps in production cycles or timing misalignments
4:10 pm - 4:40 pm Coffee Break
4:40 pm - 5:25 pm How To Plan For Launch Preparation Across A Number Of Global Markets
- Arrange your global launch preparation strategy to ensure that you incorporate the needs of all of your global suppliers to adhere to a timeline
- Identify common challenges in timeline harmonisation – how can you manage your relationships to minimise supplier delivery disruption
- Discuss the requirements for supplier support in launch preparation: what can your partner do to support you?
5:25 pm - 6:15 pm Interactive Round Table Discussions - Partner Selection And Regional Management
Use this opportunity to discuss with peers key topics facing the industry. Led by expert facilitators, each roundtable discussion will last for 30 minutes with the opportunity to rotate to a second discussion point and share feedback at the end of the session